OneDollarGlasses was founded in 2012 by Martin Aufmuth and has since received many awards. Today, our non-profit association is active in ten project countries. Around 500 employees worldwide, including more than 300 volunteers in Germany are deeply committed to our common goal: www.onedollarglasses.org
- Conduct vision tests in our partner clinics and mobile clinics
- Diagnose and detect refractive errors and offer appropriate corrections
- Evaluate eye related symptoms and offer appropriate referral where necessary
- Take detailed medical histories that include current and past prescriptions
- Educate and advise patients on proper eye care while maintain high standard of care
- Explain clearly the benefits of eyeglasses based on the sight problem identified previously
- Sell the glasses and make sure that they are fitted properly
- Provide trainings for volunteers in basic eye health and optics
- Organize administrative work e.g. reporting and evaluating of patient data´s, inventory and stock management
REQUIREMENTS THAT YOU IDEALLY MEET
- Graduated from a recognized institution
- Previous professional experience
- Mature, enthusiastic and engaging personality
- Confident and articulate.
- A quick learner, adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Good organization and administrative skills.
- Interesting job in a highly motivated team and intercultural context
- The chance to make a difference and contribute to improving the basic optical care of people in Kenya.
- The chance to make a difference and contribute to improving the basic optical care of people on the African continent
- A fix-term contract for one year with the possibility of extension.
- Working in part time or fulltime possible.
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae, your certificates, a motivation letter with your salary expectation and the earliest possible starting date.