Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is Kenya’s first and largest countrywide, fully-integrated private healthcare system, registered in October 2015 and born out of the Oasis Group Practice model of health services provision to harmonize the various companies & facilities existing across the country under the Oasis umbrella.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega and Bungoma.
We are looking to fill the following positions with qualified and suitable individuals willing to join us at our various facilities.
Job Title: Optometrist
Job Location: Siaya, Kisii & Nairobi
Purpose: To examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses, and provide treatment. May prescribe therapeutic drugs to treat specific eye conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide outpatient care for patients with eye-related disorders and conditions
- Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests
- Determine each patient’s visual acuity, field of vision and hand-eye coordination
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Evaluate eye-related symptoms, such as discharge, redness and inflammation
- Prescribe corrective lenses when required
- Refer patients to board-certified ophthalmologists when required for more holistic eye care
- Educate patients on proper eye care
- Identify eye health safety factors that could impact vision, such as working around chemicals or in front of a computer
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures and Policies for the Eye clinic department
- Review and update budget for Eye clinic department.
- A degree/diploma holder in Optometry from a recognized institution
- Licensed Optometrist
- 2 years of experience
- Ability to multitask and ICT literate
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your Application, CV, copies of your academic testimonials and other relevant documents via email to email@example.com quoting the job title and town location on the email Subject.
We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
Applications to reach us before close of business 12th May 2021.
“Oasis Healthcare group is an equal opportunity employer”