DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
MANDERA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
6. OPTOMETRY TECHNOLOGIST III, JOB GROUP ‘H’ THREE (3) POSTS:REF MCPSB /2020/07/06
Terms of service -Permanent and pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
• examining the eye;
• detecting injuries, diseases or abnormalities in the eye;
• conducting refraction;
• fitting contact lenses;
• dispensing optical appliances, including low vision devices;
• rehabilitation of the visual system including orthotics;
• appropriately referring patients;
• documenting clinical data;
• maintaining ophthalmic/optical equipment
Requirements for Appointment
• Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Optometry, Optometry Technology
• or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Certificate in computer applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicant should fill in Mandera County employment application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity card. The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Websitewww.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office.
No online application will be accepted. Mandera County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer and corruption free entity.
Incomplete application form will not be accepted and giving false information in the application form will lead to automatic disqualification. The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County Government employments application form.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 5th August, 2020 at 4.00pm to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre.
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side indicating the position applied for and vacancy number and; Addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera