Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of the Mission Support for Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR) Pivot (MSP) Activity is to support USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) staff and stakeholders to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable KEA’s journey to self-reliance (J2SR).
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Organizational Learning Advisor (OLA):
- Supports the Mission's practices and approaches to organizational development (OD) and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) through design and facilitation of workshops, retreats, pause & reflect sessions, trainings and other participatory processes to help staff align to USAID/KEA’s new strategies and the Mission’s OD Framework
- Supports the USAID Mission’s external collaboration and co-creation efforts to strengthen priority relationships, networks, and partnerships to help the Mission progress towards its development objectives and mandate for locally-led development
- Supports and facilitates internal platforms for USAID/KEA to promote sectoral and cross-office integration and collaboration
- Provides technical assistance and facilitation to help the Mission, its offices and staff implement their OD goals and work objectives
- Advises USAID/KEA on systematic and intentional integration of OD and CLA into Mission practices and processes
- Manages client engagement, quarterly and annual work planning, and work order scoping, drafting, tracking and completion for OD and CLA assignments
- Supervises the MSP OD and CLA Team and consultants and provides technical and strategic leadership as a member of the MSP Executive Team
The Organizational Learning Advisor must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A master’s degree in organizational learning, business administration, industrial-organizational psychology, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading collaborating, learning and adapting or monitoring and evaluation work, organizational learning and/or adaptive management within USG and development clients. Demonstrated change management experience.
- Proven experience in iterative, flexible, adaptive management of teams.
- Demonstrated success in leading collaborative, dynamic teams.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with ability to establish relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Prior experience working in developing country environments.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- At least 5 years of knowledge management and/or organizational development experience.
- Experience working with USAID/KEA and an in depth understanding of the mission and internal USAID processes.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Please apply through our website: