Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Outboard mechanic / Marine mechanic (located in Bungoma)
In this role, you will be a key member within the Victory Farms Lake Operations department and will report directly to our Lake Operations Manager. The Outboard Mechanic plays a crucial role in general and preventive maintenance support for a variety of vessels powered by outboard motors.
Your primary responsibilities will be as below but not limited to:
• The primary responsibility is to provide general and preventive maintenance support for a variety of vessels powered by outboard motors.
• Professional repairing and carrying out regular and preventive maintenance.
• Complete daily works instructed by supervisors.
• Repair outboard boat motors, hall boats, and stationary cranes.
• Perform routine outboard motor maintenance.
• Use diagnostic tools to test outboard motor components.
• Perform quality inspections prior to returning the boat to the lake.
• Ensure vessels are ready for emergency response at all times. Report any discrepancies or repairs that might affect vessel readiness.
• Assist with operational, organizational, or administrative tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
● Previous 2+ years’ experience as a mechanic.
● Certificate in operating hydraulic machinery an advantage.
● Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
● Good hand-eye coordination.
● Ability and willingness to work as a part of a team.
● Knowledge of shop equipment.
● Meet deadlines and detail oriented.
● Able to work under pressure and long hours.
● Well-organized and detail oriented.
● Strong safety and hygiene awareness.
● Good visualization skills with the ability to follow instructions.
● Fluent in English.
● Location: Bungoma, Kenya
● Status: Full time
● Salary: Competitive, based on experience