P1 Teacher Job Responsibilities:
• Teaching Grade 1 -to- 7
• Developing lesson plans and instructional materials and providing individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
• Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
• Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
• Establishes and maintains standards of student behaviour needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
• Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
• Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
• Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
• Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
• Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
• Administers group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
• Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
• Provide Guidance and counselling to the students.
Requirements for the P1 Teacher Job
• Must hold a PTE Certificate (P1 certificate) from KNEC Or.
• A Bachelors of Education degree (Primary education) from a university recognized by the government of Kenya (with 2 teaching subjects).
• At least 2 years experience with experience of teaching both lower and upper primary.
• Must be registered with the TSC and have a TSC number.
• Must be presentable and should have the ability to communicate well.
• Must be patient and understanding.
• Must have a passion and desire to teach.