Butali Sugar Mills Limited is an ultra-modern sugar factory within the heart of Kakamega County in the Western part of Kenya.
BSML seeks to recruit suitable professionals for the following open position.
Job Title: Packaging Machine Operator / Technician
Reporting: Head of Electrical and Instrumentation
Location: To be based in Butali, Western Kenya.
Job Summary: The person will be responsible for operating modern automated packaging machine for packing 1kg, 2kg and assorted bales of sugar in our plant.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Operating packaging machine for our branded sugar labels for the market.
- Ensure that branded packages meet specifications by observing good quality practices.
- Effective & efficient relaying of relevant information to colleagues &/or Production shift Supervisors.
- Actively participate in any / all continuous improvement activities.
- Share experience, knowledge & best practice with colleagues.
- Demonstrate good housekeeping practices.
- Reporting on all defective machines to the production in-charge or production supervisor so that maintenance action may be undertaken
- Apply best practice standards in all areas of Occupational, Health and Safety, quality procedures, Standard Operating Procedures & Job Safety Analysis systems.
- Proactively identify & make recommendations for improvements in all relevant areas.
- Ensure provided PPE is maintained & used as prescribed, replenishing as necessary.
- Controlling further processing of products until conditions likely to cause non-conformities are eliminated.
- Any other duties as required by your line manager
- Diploma in Mechatronics / Electronics or relevant qualifications as a minimum
- Minimum 2 year’s SPECIFIC operator experience in a varied packaging or related industrial set-up
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work cross functionally with minimal supervision
- High level of integrity
Qualified candidates to share their CVS to email@example.com
or by mail
Human Resource Manager
Applications will be received on a rolling basis.