- Assisting with the development of internal policies for compliance in line with local regulations and international best practice.
- Preparing, reviewing and updating terms and conditions for products and service offerings.
- Assisting with company searches, company formations, and registration of business names.
- Preparing applications for bank accounts and mobile money accounts.
- Researching and maintaining on-going awareness of the Kenyan legal system, especially new legislation, changes to existing legislation and regulations, and judgements in major cases
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their on-going assignments
- Conducting legal research
- Drafting and maintaining accurate records of meetings, including minutes and resolutions where applicable
- Drafting, maintaining and reviewing corporate records
- Assisting with statutory filings, such as IP, licensing, annual returns, permits, and other local regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Assist with legal aspects of the annual financial audits and tax returns and assisting the accounting and finance department with respect to aligning the legal and financial aspects of the audits for the businesses in the group.