Location: Farm-based in Homa Bay County, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Start date: Immediate
We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient Partnerships Ambassador to join our organization to serve as a focal point between the surrounding communities in rural Homa Bay County and the company. As it scales core operations, Victory Farms is also designing and implementing an ambitious sustainability program to maximize our positive social and environmental impact thereby providing further value to the local community.
• Responsible for running sustainability programs (social and environmental) at the Farm and data collection and analysis to monitor and evaluate these programs.
• Organising and helping run stakeholder meetings, responding to lands and community related issue s as they arise and liaising with government officials and other visitors (at the farm site).
• Supervise multiple community relations projects.
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of projects.
• Organizing Community Relations projects and activities in accordance with the objectives of the Partnerships Unit, company
• Developing new projects to support the strategic direction of the organization.
• Developing a budget and operating plan for each project.
• Developing an evaluation method to assess each project and identify areas for improvement.
• Regularly engage with a diverse group of opinion leaders, community stakeholders, tactfully respond to the issues raised.
• Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
• Arrange for structured meetings with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and activities.
• Identify, analyze propose interventions to community relations risks.
•Must have the ability to communicate clearly give concise instructions.
•Must have the ability to distinguish between factors that can affect ongoing projects and “noise"
•The Partnerships Ambassador must be able to effectively identify factors that may interfere with projects.
• The Partnerships Ambassador has to ensure that the projects align with the goals and program of the organization Problem solving:
• Ability to address unexpected problems or events that may disrupt one or multiple projects in the organization.
• Fluency in Luo a big plus.
• Experience with data collection and program administration a big plus computer fluency, including a strong ability to use Office Word Excel, email, and mobile tools
• Strong work ethic, with proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Efficient in multi tasking and accomplishing a range of projects on schedule.
• Strong teamwork and ability to function well in groups.
• Desire to learn and progress within the organization.
• Dedicated to excellence.
About Victory Farms:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.