Pastry Chef Job Description
• Preparing a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes and as per customer requirements.
• Creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
• Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
• Create new pastry and dessert menus for the outlet and banquets, conduct tastings and presentations with photos and costing
• Develop and maintain up-dated operations manuals for all food production and Stewarding sections and make recipes and maintain up- dated and accurate costing of all pastry dishes prepared and sold.
• Preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the entity’s standards and standardized menu guidelines
• Check food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control on a daily basis
• Demonstrate awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
• Ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Pastry/Bakery kitchen, such as machinery and small kitchen equipment