Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. The desired candidate Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a Chef.
• Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods following traditional and modern recipes.
• Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc.
• Understand visitors' preferences and make suggestions based on findings.
• Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
• Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
• Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew restaurant menus and engage the interest of customers.
• Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
• Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field.
• At least 3 years proven experience as a pastry chef, baker or relevant role.
• Great attention to detail and creativity.
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 30,000 – 35,000 /= (Approx. 300 - 350 USD) Depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 14th May 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***