Salary: Ksh. 18,000 + Tips + Bonuses
Responsibilities for Pastry Chef
- Create and prepare all pastry items such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes as required by the business
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan bread and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Prepare, clean and organize ingredients for use in the kitchen
- Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavours
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and sanitized at all times
- Maintain up to date knowledge about pastry arts and ingredients
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
Qualifications for Pastry Chef
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
- Proven experience working as a pastry chef in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Able to follow recipes and instructions accurately
- Good knowledge of pastry arts and ingredients
- Confident culinary techniques and skills
- Good sense of planning and preparation for the day ahead
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Diligent and meticulous in making and receiving orders
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Punctual and discipline to ensure optimal work performance
- Physically able to stand for long hours every day in a hot kitchen