Job Title: Pathologist
Reports: Head of Clinical Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Co-ordinating Processing of biological specimen in the laboratory
• Monitoring quality control
• Preparing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and working bench instructions.
• Preparing and participating in laboratory audits
• Establish quality laboratory indicators
• Provide Cytology, quality Assurance and clinic-pathological correlation where appropriate.
• Analyzing all histology specimens.
• Working closely with Head of department and section heads in developing and implementing departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
• Works closely with clinical colleagues in the provision of efficient and quality service.
• Provides consultation to clinical colleagues regarding the medical significance of laboratory findings and in such advice as may be needed.
• Applies medical / clinical knowledge in decisions pertaining to laboratory management.
• Develops and implements the laboratory goals and objectives, quality assurance programs, policies and procedures, financial proposals/ plans/budgets.
• Develops and oversee implementation of measures to constantly improve laboratory’s workflow and processes.
• Responsible for supervision, training and appraisal of laboratory technologist.
• Verification of laboratory results.
• Participates in continuous medical education program for laboratory, departmental and hospital staff.
• Provide Post mortem and embalming services
Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Pathology
• Degree in Medicine and Surgery.
• Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board and hold a valid practicing license.
• Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support training.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work both collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines
• Ability to collaborate with and influence individuals at all levels of the hospital
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications so as to reach the undersigned on or before 15TH April 2021 at 5.00 pm.
• Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
• Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.