He/she will be responsible for ensuring management gets accurate Profit & Loss accounts, Balance Sheet with all control accounts analysed & reconciled for proper management decision making. He/she must also have a minimum of 5 years of working experience as a Payables Accountant.
• Review the various inputs to General Ledger, debtors, and creditors accounts.
• Prepare the monthly management accounts and supporting schedules.
• Review the various general ledger reconciliation and accounting schedules in liaison with the section supervisors.
• Handle all insurance accident claims and settlements.
• Prepare annual budgets and end-year accounts.
• Liaise with all branch accountants in their day-to-day financial operations.
• Verify and approve petty cash and cheque payments.
• Resolve internal and external audit issues.
• Oversee payments and processing of statutory returns.
• Control of all expenses.
• Confirm payments through the bank accounts and guarantees.
• Coordinate activities of accounts department namely ledger, costing, banks, payroll, credit and debtors’ section.
• Must have a Relevant Degree in Accounting.
• Must be CPA (U) finalist.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Accounting/ Finance.
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Must be conversant with accounting packages/systems.
• Must have the ability to plan own work effectively and meet deadlines. Contribute to the short-term planning of department.
• Principle source of operational advice to the team.
• Show initiative in taking on greater responsibilities without being asked. Demonstrate persistence in the face of resistance.
Monthly Gross Salary: Open on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Management.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 22nd March 2020.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.