Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 in January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services. The Hospital is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced professionals on a performance-based renewable contract as follows:
10. PEDIATRIC INTERVENTIONIST - V/FT/10/2021 – 1 POST
Duties and Responsibilities
• Is responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved rota.
• Is to admit the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges.
• Is responsible for the initial assessment, investigation, analysis & interpretation of the clinical findings and test results, arriving at diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment and follow- up of the patients.
• Is to prescribe, administer medication, therapy, and/or other appropriate care to treat or prevent further complication of the disease.
• Is responsible for explaining procedures and discussing diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and/or with the authorized attendants.
• Is responsible for monitoring the patient’s condition and progress and re-evaluate/ re-assessment and treat the patient accordingly.
• Is responsible for referring the patient to other consultants/specialists when necessary, also consult, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
• Is responsible to pay daily rounds to In-Patients and referred patients.
• Is responsible for documenting and completing all medical record of the patients and update on the progress of the patient appropriately.
• Is responsible for reviewing and countersigning the entries and notes of all junior medical staff in case of patients under his care.
• Is responsible for performing diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures for which the Consultant PICU/NICU is privileged for.
• Is responsible for approving the discharge summary, follow-up plan, medical report of the patients.
• Is responsible for assuming duties as the Coordinator of the PICU/NICU as and when required by the management.
• Is responsible for ensuring the implementation of all approved policies, procedures, rules, regulations, protocols, guidelines and clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
• Is responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating the activities of specialists, residents, nurses, therapists, assistants and other medical staff involved in patient care.
• Is to advise and contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement program of the PICU/NICU.
• Is invited to serve on Departmental / Hospital Committees as required.
• Is responsible to be On-Call as per hospital policy.
• Is required to attend the Code Blue, whenever applicable, and should be involved in all other emergency codes of the hospital.
• Is to provide the reports and information as and when required by the Coordinator of the PICU or Hospital Administrator
• Is responsible for identifying and bringing all Medico-Legal Cases to the notice of the management on time in accordance with the hospital policy.
• Is to participate in the academic activities of the hospital at the capacity of a resource personnel.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
i. Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution.
ii. Master of Medicine in Paediatrics and/or Anesthesiology from a recognized institution.
iii. Subspecialty / fellowship training in paediatrics from a recognized institution.
iv. Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
v. Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC.
vi. Valid practice license.
vii. Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover.
viii. Proficiency in computer applications.
Soft Skills Required
i. Communication skills
ii. Organizational skills
iv. Analytical skills
v. Compassionate skills
vi. Team player
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the positions above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Form, Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Practicing License ONLY when you apply to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 18th January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY