9. Peer Educators - V.NO. KCPSB/M0H-FACES/09/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 5
Reports to: Facility in Charge
Duty Station: Kisumu County Hospital, Makindu Health Centre, Odumba, Sigoti Health Centre and Katito Sub County Hospital
Terms of Employment: 8 month's Contract
Stipend: sh. 8, 400 per month
• Must have KCSE Certificate
• Must be a resident of the locality of the facility they are applying to work in
• Should be able to read and write in English
• Must be proficient in English, Swahili and local dialect spoken in the health facility catchment area.
• Other HIV related training are added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Booking of all client appointments at the Comprehensive Care Clinic and reminding the booked clients of their appointments
• Identifying and tracking clients who miss their appointments and treatment defaulters
• Conducting facility-based health education
• Conducting one on one counseling to clients and their families both in the facility and their households
• Lead in formation of facilitation of various psychosocial support groups
• Forming treatment clubs, delivering drugs to the clubs and submitting related data
• Assisting in retrieval, arranging and keeping files
• Updating registers and providing client adherence and retention data
• Compiling and submitting relevant departmental reports
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100