A well-established leading retirement benefits scheme with fund value
of more than Kshs. 16 Billion and an inhouse scheme administration with
already setup secretariat is looking forward to recruit dynamic,
innovative and result-orientated individuals to fill in the following
3. Job Title: Pensions Administration Assistant
Purpose of the Job
The position is responsible for providing support for the general administration of the Scheme by giving administrative and logistic support in all relevant activities and ensuring adherence of all staff to guidelines and objectives of the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are:
I. Operational Roles and Responsibilities
a) Maintain client Scheme records and files, and keeping up to date records for the section’s activities
b) Support the Pensions Administration Officer in liaising with Scheme members and their dependents
c) Support the Pension Administration Officer in calculating member benefits
d) Ensure all standard procedures are adhered to, actions all routine and administrative tasks and respond to clients in a timely manner with relevant and accurate information.
e) Work effectively the Pensions Administration team to support the department’s activities.
f) Provide administrative and logistic support in organizing the Annual General Meeting for Scheme members
g) Support the Pensions Administration Officer in developing the Scheme’s communication to members
h) Provide regular updates to the Pensions Administration Officer on work in progress.
i) Assist the Pensions Administration Officer to deal with member queries, both over the phone and face to face
j) Record minutes for all team meetings in order to identify issues and improve service delivery
Key Result Areas:
The job holder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows;
• Successful administrative and logistic support
• Timely resolution of member queries
• Successful logistical and administrative planning of the AGM
• Efficient execution of work processes as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess;
• Bachelor degree in Insurance, Business Administration, Actuarial Science or any relevant or equivalent qualifications from a recognised university.
• Must have Two years experience in a pension Scheme
• Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
• Proficient in the use of accounting systems
• Impeccable planning and budgeting skills.
• Good understanding of Finance and relevant regulations on Pension Schemes
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
• Good communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Proven problem-solving skills and knowledge of conflict management.
• Excellent negotiation skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs stating the subject heading the position being applied for and clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.