Personal Assistant: Open till
Monday, November 9, 2020, at 1:00 PM
Number of Positions
A personal assistant (PA) is an individual who makes an executive's day more manageable by helping the executive with their business and personal tasks.
The successful candidate will perform a wide range of tasks that the company's chief executive officer (CEO) will delegate to them. Such responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- running errands for the CEO and/or any of the company's stakeholders as directed by the CEO;
- maintaining the CEO's car in good condition by organizing for the repair of the vehicle when it breaks down, replacement of its damaged parts, regular servicing and cleaning of the car, et cetera;
- helping the company's accountant with routine tasks such as dispensing payslips to employees and paying the company's bills;
- delivering materials and/or messages to recipients as per delivery instructions provided by the CEO;
- organizing and reminding the CEO of special occasions and events;
- typing, printing, scanning, and filing documents;
- conducting research and presenting resultant findings to the CEO; and
We must stress that the above list items do not cover all possible responsibilities that the CEO will assign to the PA. This is because the scope of a PA's role is wide and varied.
Education and Skills
- Must have completed high school education. However, a certificate, diploma, or degree, especially related to the PA role, is an added advantage.
- Candidates must have experience using computers. They should be conversant with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word 2016, Microsoft PowerPoint 2016, and Microsoft Excel 2016 applications.
- Candidates must have experience using the Internet, particularly using search engines like Google to research, gather, and compile information.
- Fluent in Swahili and English
- Good in mathematics.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible. Candidates should be comfortable with either sitting on a desk, working for hours, or undertaking tasks that require them to always be on the move. They must also have the capacity to accommodate special projects and deal with shifting priorities.
- Excellent at maintaining confidentiality (is trustworthy).
- Listening and communication skills. The ability to understand and execute instructions as given is crucial, so is the ability to communicate with relevant individuals regarding issues related to any assigned task.
- Proactive and self-motivated. The CEO is not looking for someone he will supervise as they work; instead, he is interested in an individual who will work under minimal supervision, with little or no follow up; an individual who will do what needs to be done within a reasonable timeframe.
- Willing to do some manual work and get their hands dirty.
- Capable of working under pressure and thinking on their feet in a crisis.
- Must be passionate about keeping up with technological advancements.
- Attentive to detail.
- Must be clean, honest, and reliable.
- Driving skills are an added advantage.
Availability of Position
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please take the timed PA test whose link is provided below on Monday, November 9, 2020, at 1:00 PM East African Time (EAT). However, applicants are advised to register on our exam system immediately, so they do not waste valuable time registering on the system once the test kicks off at 1:00 PM. Instead, they will follow the link for the timed PA test, log in, and start taking the test.
Test Link: https://test.sharkswebservices.com/candidate?exam=14
Registration Link: https://test.sharkswebservices.com/candidate/register
Please take note of the following:
- The interval of time between 1:00 and 2:05 PM EAT on Monday, November 9, 2020, will be the exam period. The test will only be accessible during the exam period. You can start taking the test any time within the exam period, but you must submit the test within 1 hour and before 2:05 PM EAT (both conditions must be met). The system will allow you to submit the test late, but we will not evaluate late submissions.
- You must load the test link provided above to log in and access the test during the exam period. You cannot access the test by directly logging into the exam system.
- All applications for this position must begin by taking the test. Applicants must not apply through other means, for instance, by sending application emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must not register on the exam system multiple times (even when applying for more than one position) or supply false information during registration.
- If you encounter any challenges with our test system, please email us at email@example.com (this email address is manned by the technical team, whose only role is to help with technical issues; they may not respond to HR queries).
- Although applicants can use a mobile phone device to take the test, we recommend using a desktop computer (PC) for an enhanced view.
- If you do not meet the requirements stipulated above, please do not apply.
- We always endeavor to contact all candidates who attempt our HR tests. However, when the volume of applications is overwhelming, we only contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us two months after taking the test, consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for your time and interest in working with us.