A. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
You will handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner and ensure that his time is used most effectively. You must be proactive, anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism by:
• Acting as the point of contact between the Director, staff and clients
• Screening and directing phone calls and distribute correspondence.
• Handling requests and queries appropriately
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in business, Administrative or a related field
• 3-4 years as a Personal Assistant or related experience
• Extensive experience of developing good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• MS Office and English proficiency
• Delivering at Pace
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Up to date with latest office gadgets and applications
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Can think outside the box when it comes to tasks to be done and is innovative.
• Discretion and confidentiality.
B. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain the Director’s diary, ensuring that appointments and relevant information is readily available to facilitate effective meetings.
• Schedule meetings and manage calendars.
• Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence.
• Maintain up to date contacts database for the Directors office to facilitate efficient communication
• Support in planning and coordinating logistics and documents for local, regional and international visits and meetings for the Director.
• Maintain an effective filing system for all electronic and paper-based communication/correspondences within the Director’s office ensuring that such information is readily available for day-to-day use. At the same time ensure effective access controls are in place to protect confidential information/ documents.
• Prepare follow-up correspondences on behalf of the director, including drafting of general replies.
• Support the director in other day-to-day tasks as needed.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
• Taking notes and writing minutes during meetings
• Conducting or preparing any research that the director may require.
• Daily/weekly/monthly reports and presentations for the Director.
• Deliver timely service for the director.
• Create a proper follow up process for all correspondences.
• Maintain a proper filing system for all documents to the director’s office.