JOB LOCATION MOMBASA
Candidates applying for this position MUST be enrolled with the Pharmacy and Poison Board of Kenya
Pharmaceutical Technologist Responsibilities
1) Compounding and dispensing medications, as prescribed by physicians
2) Monitoring customers’ drug therapies, advising interventions, and informing customers of any potential side effects
3) Instructing customers on how and when to take prescribed medications
4) Keeping accurate customer records
5) Ensuring a safe and clean working environment.
6) Completing operational requirements of the pharmacy, including verifying order entries, maintaining records of controlled substances, charges, and removing expired and/or damaged drugs from the pharmacy’s inventory
7) Adhering to applicable legal rules, regulations, and procedures governing pharmaceutical practice
8) Performing other administrative tasks when needed.
1) Diploma in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical technology.
2) 2 years of experience
3) Proven experience as a Pharmacist
4) Valid license to practice as a Pharmacist
5) Detailed understanding and knowledge of dosage requirements and administration, chemical compounds, and pharmaceutical brands
6) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and software applications, used by pharmacies, such as Pharmacore
7) Great organizational skills
8) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
9) MUST be enrolled with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya