Centre for Microbiology Research
Opening Date: 4th June, 2021 Closing date: 24th June, 2021.
IMPOWER is a Phase 3, Randomized, Active-Controlled, and Double-blind Clinical Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Islatravir Once-Monthly as Preexposure Prophylaxis in Cisgender Women at High Risk for HIV-1 Infection. The study has the following vacancies;
8. Position: Pharmaceutical Technologist (1 Position) KMR/ 7 Vacancy No. FN-022-05-2021
Reports to: Pharmacy coordinator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
Duties and Responsibilities
• Administer respective Case Report Forms (CRFs)
• Carrying out QA/QC of study CRFs and source docs and resolve queries that may arise.
• Dispensing drugs and Study products to participants.
• Ensure prescription drugs are available for dispensing to participants
• Maintaining pharmacy temperature and humidity logs
• Counseling participants on adherence to study products
• Participants Randomization process in liaison with the data and clinic teams.
• Ensuring accurate and timely records of dispensed drugs and study products on the pharmacy logs and in the accountability logs and Database.
• Prepare and dispense prescribed medications and pharmaceutical preparations according to participants' prescription.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with participants to foster study retention.
• Closely work with other staff members to ensure the success of the study
• Diploma in pharmaceutical technology
• Registered with the pharmacy and poison board
d) Required Experience
• Two years working experience as registered pharmaceutical technologist
• Knowledge of HIV prevention and treatment services
e) Other Required Skills
• Commitment to integrity and high quality performance
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
• Keen and attentive to detail
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures
• Articulate in both verbal and written communication in English and Swahili.
• Counselling skills
• Good track of record keeping
• Some store keeping skills
• Computer literacy
Applicants should attach the following:
• Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
• Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
• Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
• A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
• A copy of National Identity card or passport
• Requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Applications to be done through the email email@example.com no later than 24th June 2021.
(Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.