Job Title: Pharmacy Technologist
Reports to: Head of Clinical Services
The pharmacy technologist will help in running the day to day operations of the Pharmacy in line with the professional practice, regulations and laws of Kenya. He/she will provide a comprehensive pharmaceutical service to patients and other customers, while ensuring rational and effective use of medication.
- Scrutinizes Patient Treatment Sheets and Prescriptions for suitability of prescribed drugs in relation to dosing accuracy, drug interaction and route of administration
- Provide drug information to patients, doctors, nurses and other medical staff.
- Timely and accurate posting dispensed drugs for billing purposes.
- Assist the Pharmacy in-charge in placing orders for
stock replenishment to the Pharmacy Store to maintain optimal stock levels
Participates in regular drug expiry monitoring in the pharmacy to identify and document items with expiry of less than the required.
- Compounding, re-packaging and dilutions of drugs according to laid down guidelines.
- Counsel patients appropriately to ensure adherence to drug therapy.
- Participate in stock take exercise and ensure timely explanation of stock variances.
- Entering prescriptions orders into the computer and making labels appropriately
- Assist in preparing and sending periodic management reports.
- Document adverse drug reactions on patients.
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Receiving drugs and verifying against the Stock transfer printout
- Shelving of items appropriately
- Performing stock counts and stock movement analysis
- A Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution.
- Registered with the Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Excellent Public Relations and Communication skills.
- Aptitude in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Good knowledge of drug administration and health & safety guidelines.
- Good knowledge of suppliers and supply-chain is an added advantage.