Vacancies the Department of Health Services
01. Ref No CPSB/TTC/068/2020
POSITION: PHARMACIST JOB GROUP CPSB ‘07’
Number of Posts: One (1) Post
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 42,970 to Kshs. 59,120 per month
Other Allowances: As provided for by the Salaries and Remunerations Commission
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
1) Screening prescriptions for legal validity.
2) Drug contraindications.
3) Drug interactions.
4) Appropriateness of dose.
5) Identifying medical gaps and challenges.
6) Maintaining a daily activity log book for recording all activities.
7) Recommending over the counter (OTC) medicines to patients/clients with simple medical conditions and making necessary referrals.
8) Outreach clinics in the county hospitals.
9) Assist in the policy formulation.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment in this position a candidate must:
1) Be a Kenyan Citizen.
2) Have a Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from a recognized institution, recognized by Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
3) Have successfully completed one-year internship from a recognized institution.
4) Be registered with the Pharmacies and Poisons Board of Kenya
5) Have a certificate in computer application skills from recognized institution.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
County Public Service Board
Hand delivered at the Voi Sub County Office (Former Municipal Council offices)
1) Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
2) Candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of chapter 6 by obtaining Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
3) The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Wednesday 28th October 2020.
4) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
5) Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
6) Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD