DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requisition of drugs and other medical supplies.
- Liaising with the procurement department regarding drugs and medical supplies orders to the branch in a timely manner.
- Good storage of drugs and health related commodities.
- Dispensing medicines and related commodities.
- Proper inventory management practices of the medicines and medical supplies at the respective branch.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions,side effects,dosage and proper medication storage to clients.
- Ensuring economic use of equipment and supplies.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Pharmacy from accredited institutions,by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- A minimum of 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Valid registration and license by Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Strong commitment to care of patients and general customer service.
- Excellent communication skills-English and Swahili,written and spoken.
- Computer literate.
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications,contraindications,dosing,side effects and proper administration.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining the procurement,supply and management of pharmaceutical drugs.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOR
- Accountability:Holds self accountable for making decisions and managing resources efficiently.
- Ambition:Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Collaboration:Ability to work in a team,builds and maintains effective relationships with staff members and other stakeholders,values diversity as a source of competitive strength.
- Integrity:Honest,encourages openness and transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates should email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae,names and contacts of three referees,current and expected salary.