REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
5. Pharmacists JG CPSB 07 (3 POSTS) REF/MCPSB/256/2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. Oversee the day to day operations of the hospital pharmacy
ii. Oversee proper medicines storage, distribution and management
iii. Conduct comprehensive medication use counselling to patients including patients with chronic illnesses such as HIV
iv. Identifies and provides solution for medication use problems in patients
v. Conduct regular ward rounds in the hospital and identify pharmaceutical care needs
vi. Provides medicines information to other health workers
vii. Pharmaco-vigilance: detection and monitoring of safety of medications
viii. Therapeutic drug monitoring to patients, ICU and HDU department to ensure optimal body drug levels
ix. Develop and disseminate standard operation procedures on safe and effective drug administration in the hospital
x. Rationale drug use evaluation in the hospital
xi. Preparation of specialist medicines for administration (e.g. reconstitution of cancer medicines)
xii. Dispensing of specialist drugs in the hospital (Narcotics and psychoactive medicines)
xiii. Other duties as assigned by the hospital pharmacist
i. Be a Kenyan citizen;
ii. Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from an institution recognized by Pharmacy and Poison’s Board;
iii. At least One Year post qualification working experience;
iv. Certificate of Registration by the Pharmacy and Poison’s Board;
v. Valid practicing license from Pharmacy and Poison’s Board;
vi. Certificate in Computer proficiency skills from a recognized institution
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.