The ideal candidate Must have over 10 years’ experience in a similar role and have experience setting up the department.
• Manage pharmacy operations, supervising staff, performing administrative duties, and buying and selling non-pharmaceutical merchandise.
• Assess the identity, strength and purity of medications prescribed and issued.
• Teach Pharmacy students serving as interns in preparation for their graduation or licensure.
• Publish educational information for other pharmacists, doctors, and /or patients.
• Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
• Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
• Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
• Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
• Ensure stock take is regularly conducted, and variance reporting is conducted timely.
• Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records for radioactive nuclei, and registries of poisons, narcotics, and controlled drugs.
• Provide specialized services to help patients manage their conditions.
• Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health care supplies.
• Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics.
• Offer health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
• Assure services are in compliance with professional standards, and state requirements.
• Provide leadership to pharmacy technicians and ensure they aware of and compliant with their job responsibilities.
• A degree in Pharmacy.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications.
• Valid practicing license.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Monthly Gross salary: Open depending on skills & experience.
Job Type: Permanent.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 15th November 2020.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
****Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job****