We are a busy retail pharmacy located in Nairobi, dispensing prescription and non-prescription pharmaceutical products.
The Pharmacy Procurement Officer will facilitate the end to end supply chain process for pharmaceutical items encompassing safety, sourcing, product selection, demand planning, quality, inventory, and transportation to assigned retail outlets. Develop top notch partnerships with suppliers and other related organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Manage end to end supply chain process for pharmaceutical, nutrition supplements required for resale purposes.
● Support in the development of processes to ensure compliance related to key supply chain requirements such as quality control, chain storage, and distribution.
● Provide technical advice and guidance about drug procurement process, sourcing information, and review large pharmaceuticals orders placed by relevant pharmaceutical technologists to minimize inappropriate procurement.
● Demonstrate expertise in supplier credit contract negotiations and cost management.
● Lead strategic supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
● Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and track inventory levels
● Lead in suppliers selection and pre-qualification process when necessary
● Conduct/organize regular and ad hoc inspections of the company’s suppliers and their manufacturers, to safeguard the quality of our supplies.
● Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Additional Skills and Behavior Traits:
● Must have high integrity
● Must be self-disciplined and capable of taking instructions
● Possess efficient Management skills
● Experience in sourcing pharmaceuticals products
● Experience in pharmaceutical logistics and supply chain systems in developing contexts
● Successful experience in audit/assessments and the implementation of supply chain management improvements
● Knowledge of developments and trends within pharmaceuticals industry
● Knowledge of risk management, with the ability to identify and address anticipated issues
● Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals related quality systems.
● Driven to meeting or exceeding milestones.
● Ability to provide fact based advice and development of market and industry analysis
● Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
● Knowledge of Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as experience implementing and using procurement systems.
● Ability to work for long hours
● Be a holder Diploma preferably in Procurement or Pharmacy or equivalent qualification
● Vast pharmaceutical products knowledge
● At least one year working experience in a similar position
● Procurement experience in a pharmaceutical field will be an added advantage.
SALARY RANGE BETWEEN NET KSH. 25,000 TO NET KSH. 30,000
How to apply for the position
If you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the above specified criteria for the above position, submit your application, your cover letter, updated Curriculum Vitae together with copies of your academic and professional certificates as one scanned pdf document with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.