- Receiving and verifying the accuracy and authenticity of prescriptions
- Calculating the price of prescriptions
- Reviewing and recording patient information with their prescription in compliance with the guidelines of the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Providing instructions to educate people on the correct way to take their medicine
- Supporting the Pharmacist in the daily operation of the pharmacy
- Protecting employees and patients by adhering to infection-control protocols and policies
- Disbursing completed and confirmed prescriptions to patients
- Answering incoming calls on the pharmacy phone
- Maintaining a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with regulations, rules, and procedures
- Performing inventory audits and purchasing supplies and medication.
- Process patient billing before medication dispatch.
- Triage requests and prioritize them
- Check for expiration dates on medications on a regular basis
- Stocking and pricing of medications in inventory
- Ensuring availability of drugs by delivering them to patients or facilities