Reports to: Head of Clinical Services
• Scrutinizes Patient Treatment Sheets and Prescriptions for suitability of prescribed drugs in relation to dosing accuracy, drug interaction and route of administration
• Provide drug information to patients, doctors, nurses and other medical staff.
• Timely and accurate posting dispensed drugs for billing purposes.
• Assist the Pharmacy in-charge in placing orders for stock replenishment to the Pharmacy Store to maintain optimal stock levels
• Participates in regular drug expiry monitoring in the pharmacy to identify and document items with expiry of less than the required.
• Compounding, re-packaging and dilutions of drugs according to laid down guidelines.
• Counsel patients appropriately to ensure adherence to drug therapy.
• Participate in stock take exercise and ensure timely explanation of stock variances.
• Entering prescriptions orders into the computer and making labels appropriately
• Assist in preparing and sending periodic management reports.
• Document adverse drug reactions on patients.
• Participate in internal and external audits
• Receiving drugs and verifying against the Stock transfer printout
• Shelving of items appropriately
• Performing stock counts and stock movement analysis
• A Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution.
• Registered with the Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board of Kenya.
• Excellent Public Relations and Communication skills.
• Aptitude in problem-solving and decision-making.
• Good knowledge of drug administration and health & safety guidelines.