Employment Status/ Type [Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Intern, Casual]:Contract
Position Reporting to:Team Leader
Manages Others [Yes or No]:No
Titles & Number of Positions Managed: NA
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
• Participate in the requirements analysis, design and development of software applications. Troubleshoot and maintain existing systems
• Create Up to date with modern interactive designs and the latest trends
• Keep code synced, current and accessible using source control
• Should have hands knowledge on PHP/MySQL/Laravel5.5 and above
• Troubleshoot and maintain existing systems
• Remain current with the web as a consumer and a producer
• Understand and debug code to fix production issues
• Understanding of version control systems
• Responsible for developing and articulating internal built solutions or products based on strategic insight of management.
• Responsible for developing back end applications and relevant API, including developing API modules
• Collaborate with front end developers to intercept and resolve API issues.
• Develop scalable solutions to accommodate for future growth
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/ Electronics Engineering or its equivalent
• 3 - 5 years of professional experience building complex commercial, enterprise PHP and MySQL web applications
• Proven track record with PHP 5; Zend Framework, Laravel 5 (+) and working with Restful APIs
• MySQL; Experience with properly indexing tables, optimizing queries across multiple large tables and with writing complicated queries
• MSSQL; Basic experience working with MSSQL and MSSQL stored procedures (+)
• • UNIX;Basic experience working from a CLI (+
• API; Experience in mPesa API, Twilio API
• Ability to design and implement database graphics to support web based applications. Abilities
• Passionate about coding and technology, desire to learn new technologies
• Discipline to quality standards and targets; flair for high performance and scalable code
• Self-managing and motivated team player
• Good communication skills and presentation skills
• Good judgment to juggle between quick-fixes and long-term solutions.
• Smart and flexible and able to work hours that overlaps with some other time zones.
• Ability to tackle new challenges