• The ideal candidate must be qualified teacher with relevant academic and documentation and minimum of 3yrs and above experience in 8.4.4 Curriculum.
• Minimum Qualification: Bachelor s Degree in Education form reputable accredited university.
• Tertiary qualifications must be current and as per Education Ministry regulations and Teachers’ Service Commission code.
• Maintain current registration of applicable professional bodies
• Ability to teach a candidate class in both subjects
• Valid TSC Number
• Deep understanding of the curriculum requirements for the subject and the requirements for assessment and reporting
• Ability to multi-task and maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
• To teach and impart knowledge to the students of St Michael Secondary School as contained in the syllabus of the subject, a teacher has to teach students as directed by the school management.
• To prepare lesson plans with scheme of work and other teaching aids that are necessary for all the subjects the teacher has to teach.
• To give out to his/her class lesson exercise, homework, weekly and monthly tests to enable the principal assess the academic performance of the class. At the end of each term teacher has to give a report of his/her work.
• To administer and maintain student’s discipline in the school and outside the school and to be responsible for the overall Administration of his/her class.
• To take part in extra-curriculum activities of the school, together with any other duties and responsibilities entrusted to him/her by the school management.
• Any other responsibilities assigned by management in performance of duties.