High professional standards of performance are expected of you as a Midas teacher. Your practice must be guided by the Midas Mission, Vision, Identity and Values. You are expected to continuously demonstrate how these values are integrated in your pedagogical planning, delivery, outputs and in your interaction with the wholesome school environment.
1. To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough modern pedagogical knowledge, that you can facilitate and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development, support the modern school systems, processes and procedures and support students perform to their maximum potential.
2. Facilitating at least two subjects as per the School time table;
3. Making pedagogical plans i.e. schemes of work, course outlines, lesson plans, project plans, field trip plans, CREP (Creative Research Project) plans, etc for all your instructional activities;
4. Execute all instructional processes for your assigned subject: from instructional planning; student goal setting and individual instructional intervention measures; curriculum content delivery; testing and evaluation;
5. Set exams, present them for moderation as per the curriculum plan, participate in the review, revise, administer, mark, analyze, publish results and review performance with students;
6. Continuously and demonstrably support the Midas student to achieve his academic and non-academic goals as expressed by him;
7. Managing pupil behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate, effective and Midas compliant measures in correcting misdemeanor;
8. Demand responsibility from and hold the student accountable to the Midas values, his own goals, student outputs of instructional activities and the Midas code of conduct
9. Preparing pupils for qualifications in KCSE;
10. Proposing, planning for and participating in extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events;
11. Efficiently execute teacher on duty roles as provided for in the duty roster and guided by the approved policy on teacher on duty roles and responsibilities;
12. Participating in departmental meetings, staff meetings, ad hoc meetings, parents' meetings and whole school events;
13. Updating your pedagogical techniques and skills to comply with the demands of modern pedagogy;
14. Support peer professional growth and collaborative teaching through skill and information sharing, team teaching, peer review and maintaining collegial relationships with all staff;
15. Perform any other instructional and/or administrative duties assigned to you by the School management or your immediate supervisor;
Apply via Apply Now Button clearly stating the position you are applying for in the subject line.