KEY RESULT AREAS.
1. Checking and recording of pediatric patient effectively.
2. Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
3. Promptly notifying any problems that occur
4. Providing round-the-clock care to critically ill pediatric patients.
5. Provides care to pediatric patients requiring close observation and advanced monitoring, using current technology.
6. Manages complex medication and infusion therapies (RNs are PALS certified).
7. Care for patient undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/interventions on unit.
8. Caring for the basic needs of infants; for example, feeding and changing diapers.
9. Performing medical procedures; for example, inserting intravenous lines, performing tests, and administering medications.
10. Provides care to critically ill, trauma and transplant (solid organ and BMT) pediatric patients and those pediatric patients who require close observation and monitoring.
11. Safely employs (sets-up, utilizes and trouble shoots) the following monitoring devices:
a. Arterial lines
b. Cardiac Monitoring
c. Invasive and non-invasive hemodynamic
12. Assisting the PICU physicians in medical procedures and treatments.
13. Using and adjusting specialized medical equipment.
14. Formulating nursing plans and evaluating the effectiveness of treatments.
15. Comforting ill newborns and anxious parents and family members.
16. Ability to utilize the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
17. To be a role model of the nursing profession and exercise professionalism at all times while being an effective clinical leadership resource.
18. To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
19. To provide guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
20. To protect all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Supervisors permission.
21. To investigate patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform nursing administration immediately within the same shift.
22. To be knowledgeable of the equipment in the department and to safeguard hospital/patient property and equipment from damage, wastage or loss.
23. To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
24. To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
25. To promote good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
26. Required to be observant of the patient’s needs and requirements and assist where appropriate in providing care to meet those needs which is within the total care plan of the patient.
27. Supervise and assess, plan and implement agreed individual care plans and evaluate the effectiveness of care given.
28. Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given
29. Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
30. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Charge Nurse from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Academic and professional qualifications
1. KRNN,KRN/KRM,KRCHN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
2. Must be a Kenya Registered Nurse with a valid practicing license from NCK.
3. Minimum of 2 years experience in ICU or PICU.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. The ability to offer emotional support to parents, guardians, and family members.
6. Working knowledge of NICU specialized equipment.
7. The ability to work in a team.
8. The ability to offer comfort to ill newborns
Other added advantages
1. BLS & PALS certified.
2. Good interpersonal skills &communication skills
3. Good customer care skills.
1. Ability to evaluate risk and potential risk of kidney disease.
2. Ability to competently perform duties allocated.
3. Understands the methods of infection prevention and control/Aseptic techniques.
4. Understands strategic planning methods and how to implement them to improve client health and programs.
5. Knowledge of Renal disorders, peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis and kidney transplantation.
6. Excellent patient experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, curriculum vitae and a valid practicing license indicating on the email subject the position applied for. All applications should be received not later than 31st October 2021.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.