Duties and Responsibilities:
This is the entry and training Grade for Plant Operators.
i) Operating machines of; difficult ‘rating’ C,
ii) Assisting machine attendance in identifying possible breakdowns;
iii) Liaising with mechanics for servicing; making daily and weekly oil checks; and
iv) Maintaining the cleanliness of the plants.
Requirements for appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D (Plain)or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s)
iii) Have passed the suitability test for plant operators Grade III conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
iv) Occupational Trade Tests III/II/I for Plant Operators conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works.
v) First Aids Certificate course lasting not less than one(1) week from St John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highways and Technology(KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
vi) Possess a valid Driving License free from current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate;
vii) Refresher course for Plant Operator lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) yeas at Kenya Institute of Highways and Technology(KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
viii) Any other recognised qualifications as may be adjudged to be equivalent by the permanent secretary, Ministry of state for Public Service.
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.