KENYATTA UNIVERSITY TEACHING, REFERRAL & RESEARCH HOSPITAL (KUTRRH)
ADVERTISEMENT FOR MEDICAL / SURGICAL CONSULTANTS
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a new State Corporation and is registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 of 25th January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital.
The Hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and technology to offer highly specialized services in various disciplines and is seeking to create a panel of medical consultants/specialist. The candidates sought are expected to be highly transformative and dynamic, self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence, and impeccable capability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of the consultants will be to:
• Reviewing patients and instructing in writing and ensuring all the recommendations are carried out.
• Undertaking on call duties including clerking, investigating, and managing patients.
• Conducting ward rounds, clinics and theatre days as scheduled/directed.
• Conduct medical research
• Training, supervising, and mentoring Clinical Officers, Medical Officers, Medical Interns, and other students.
• Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms and court attendance.
• Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Reports.
• Participating in community outreach duties including care and treatment.
• Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted, and utilized to the benefit of the customer and service provider.
• Conducting disease surveillance, prevention, and control.
• Carrying out health education and promotion.
• Refer patients to other medical specialists for further diagnosis of complex or unclear disorder or disease within the hospital.
• Establish plan of care for patients, centered on slowing the progress of their disease or disorder, and incorporate diet and lifestyle changes, as well as monitored medications within or without the hospital.
• Any other duties assigned by the Head of the Department
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
• Master of Medicine in one of the stated specialized disciplines from a recognized institution
• Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
• Valid Practice License
• Professional Insurance Indemnity Cover
• Specialist Recognition
• Computer literate
• Knowledge of relevant legislations
• Knowledge of professional standards
• Proven track record of medical research and training.
• Minimum two years working experience as a medical consultant/ specialist
• Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Leadership skills
• Observation skills
• Analytical skills
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the positions above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Form, Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Practicing License ONLY when you apply to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 18th January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including.
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for university graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY