To install, maintain, inspect and repair pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation/drainage systems in CHERD Africa projects. Inspects drainage and other plumbing systems for compliance with local and national regulations.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
• Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
• Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
• Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
• Pointing during the ongoing construction of the houses
• Chasing and laying of distribution pipes and waste pipes
• Installing pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids.
• Installing supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
• Assembling fittings and testing for leaks
• Modifying pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed
• Collaborating with contractors, construction workers, electricians and pipefitters in installing and repairing the required piping systems
• Testing plumbing systems for leakages and other problems and undertaking repairs as needed
• Choosing plumbing materials based on quality, budget, location, and intended
• Performing inspections of plumbing systems to identify problems and/or replace worn-out parts.
• Attending to water supply needs for the client’s in CHERD Africa projects
• Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Minimum qualification: Diploma in plumbing,mechanical engineering (water option) or any other related field from a recognized institution
• An advanced certificate in the plumbing will be an added advantage
• At least 5 years hands-on experience in plumbing work for residential and commercial buildings
• Basic computer Skills
• Be physically fit and technically competent
• Be attentive to detail when checking work and materials
• problem solving – excellent problem solving skills analytical – thorough and analytical mechanical and technical skills
• Be honest and vigilant to make sure that the work and materials meet the required standard
• Demonstrate high level of integrity
• Be able to establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractor's staff while maintaining independence
• Acting in a professional manner at all times including wearing personal protective equipment when on a construction site and when addressing the contractor’s employees, clients and other persons.
• Registration by NCA will be an added advantage
Hours and environment
• The working hours will be Monday to Saturday from 8 to 6pm (occasionally work may demand working outside the regular hours)
How to apply
Interested an qualified candidates should submit their applications by 15th January 2023. The applications should include (a) Motivation/application letter (b) CV/Resume; (c) Scanned copies of relevant certificates and testimonials (d) Three referees who are knowledgeable about your work relevant to the job.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured