• Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials
• Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids
• Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
• Pointing during the ongoing construction of the houses
• Chasing and laying of distribution pipes and waste pipes
• Installing pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids.
• Installing supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation
• Assembling fittings and testing for leaks
• Modifying pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed
• Collaborating with contractors, construction workers, electricians and pipefitters in installing and repairing the required piping systems
• Testing plumbing systems for leakages and other problems and undertaking repairs as needed
• Choosing plumbing materials based on quality, budget, location, and intended purpose.
• Performing inspections of plumbing systems to identify problems and/or replace worn-out parts.
• Attending to water supply needs for the client’s in CHERD Africa projects
• Prepares bids and schedules and oversees other workers, such as apprentices and helpers
• Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken
• Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• ‘O level certificate with a mean grade of C minus (C-) or
• National Trade Test Grade I certificate or Diploma in plumbing from a recognized institution
• An advanced certificate in the plumbing will be an added advantage
• At least 2 years hands-on experience in plumbing work for residential and commercial buildings
• Basic computer Skills
• Be physically fit and technically competent
• Be attentive to detail when checking work and materials
• problem solving – excellent problem-solving skills analytical – thorough and analytical mechanical and technical skills
• Be honest and vigilant to make sure that the work and materials meet the required standard
• Demonstrate high level of integrity
• Be able to establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractor's staff while maintaining independence
• Acting in a professional manner at all times including wearing personal protective equipment when on a construction site and when addressing the contractor’s employees, clients and other persons.
• Registration by NCA will be an added advantage
Hours and environment
• The working hours will be Monday to Saturday from 8am to 6pm (occasionally work may demand working outside the regular hours)
• The work station shall be the site office in Kitengela but the officer may be needed to undertake assignments outside the main site in other CHERD Africa limited properties
Renumeration: The gross salary will be Kshs 25,000 per month. The salary will be reviewed after probation based on performance and availability of funds.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by 15th October 2021. The applications should include: -
(a) Motivation/application letter
(c) Scanned copies of relevant certificates and testimonials
(d) Three referees who are knowledgeable about your work relevant to the job.
For more details of the company visit www.cherdafrica.co.ke