• Planning and preparing finance reports, developing budget for the various farm activities and maintaining the farm activities within the parameters of the established budget.
• Monitoring the production activities, to ensure that actual production is in accordance with the set production goals thus ensuring effective production at the farm
• Studying feeding and production records to determine feed formula required to maintain an optimum yield and notifying workers of any necessary diet changes.
• Develop optimum production plans to effectively utilize the resources available and service existing and upcoming demand
• Scheduling vaccination programs.
• Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations.
• Monitor health and welfare, including liaising with vets
• Maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
• Ensure animal products are ready for deadlines, such as markets
• Ensure health and safety standards across the farm estate are followed
• Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
• Apply health and safety standards across the farm
• Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of poultry food to avoid wastage and spoilage
• Carry out any other roles assigned by the Management from time to time
• Must have a minimum of a Diploma in agriculture or a related field.
• Must have more than 3 years’ experience managing a large scale poultry farm with layer birds or a mix of both layers and broilers
• Must have experience supervising farm workers
• Academic qualification or experience in veterinary medicine is an added advantage
• Experience selling poultry products is an added advantage
If this profile is aligned with your experience and career aspirations, Please apply and Include your salary expectations and a short summary of how you would support the growth of a poultry farm to move from 10,000 birds to over 100,000 birds. Please also include how you see this job aligning with your career path and how you would like to grow within the company.