Powerhive East Africa is a technology venture founded in 2011 that
partners with utilities and independent power producers to provide
access to productive, affordable and reliable mini-grid electricity for
millions of rural homes and businesses around the globe. The company
seeks to fill the vacant position of Poultry Program Sales Officer to be
based in Kisii County.
Department / Location: Sales- Kuku Poa -Kisii
Line Reporting: Poultry Program Sales Manager -Kuku Poa
Salary (Gross) KShs. 60,000/=
1. Territory Trade Marketing Plan
i) Implements territory trade marketing plan
ii) Ensures that the territory trade marketing plan meets the objectives of the area in the areas of brand, volume, merchandising and promotion.
iii) Ensures that the territory distribution objectives of brand availability, stock holding and stock rotation are achieved.
i) Ensures that the company product(s)/ service(s) prices within the territory are aligned with the company pricing strategy.
3. Promotion & Marketing
i) Executes merchandising programs at POS with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performances for the strategic brands.
ii) Implements promotions as per company promotion strategy
iii) Provides market information
4. Customer Management
i) Reports on performances of customers, brands and competition to ensure that the relevant marketing people are fully informed.
ii) Builds loyalty by providing support to the trade through regular visits, accurate communication, problem solving, specialized advice and fair trade.
iii) Maintains accurate and relevant outlet information.
5. Financial Account Management
i) Manages assigned financial accounts, assigned assets and materials
ii) Ensures that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
iii) Executes accurate invoicing procedures,
iv) Ensures prudent materials or goods utilization under his/her control.
i) Constantly monitors the achievement of yearly/Cycle objectives through accurate reporting and feedback.
7. Health and Safety
(i) Complies with the Health and Safety guidelines and follows good housekeeping rules
(ii) Ensures that the workstation is set up correctly and is free from slip and trip hazards.
(iii) Attends all HSE training requested by management
8. Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the management.
Function / Market & Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen / Process working
• Knowledge about and understanding of trends and challenges for the industry
• Business administration competence and sales and customer management skills
• Market dynamics of fast movable commodities
• Overall knowledge and understanding of business processes and interdependencies
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Ability to advocate and provide policy advice on sales and customer management
• Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
• Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and vendors at the senior level.
• Ability to design, build and populate management systems and dashboards
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules
• Willingness to travel
Skills & Competencies
• Analytical skills,
• Problem Solving skills ,
• Technical Skills,
• Customer Service,
• Interpersonal Communication skills,
• Verbal and Written Communication,
• Team Work,
• Quality Mentality,
• Business Acumen,
• Cost Consciousness,
• Diversity Sensitivity,
• Organizational Support,
• Strategic Thinking,
• Adaptability, Initiative & Innovation,
• Planning & Organizing,
• Ethics & Professionalism and
• Safety and Security.
• Extremely self-motivated, confident, creative, disciplined with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Educational /Professional background / Work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in sales & marketing or any business related field.
• At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in the FMCG Sector,
• Knowledge of effective marketing and communication strategies for this market.
• Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
• Driving experience and Possession of a valid driving license is a must.
• Excellent computer skills- Microsoft Office package especially (Access) , ERP
• Proficient in productivity tools: Google Apps, Asana, Slack
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter and updated CV indicating their availability period, current and expected salary.