Prepress describes the process that files go through before printing actually takes place. It's the stage where they're prepared and edited, where graphics are checked, and all proofing is performed to ensure the information is correct and arranged so that it will print just the way the customer desires.
- Responsible for taking briefs from marketing manager or clients (when necessary).
- Coordinating with the marketing team, pre-press team and production team
- Monitor and maintain the inventory of pre-press tickets, designs and artworks.
- Overseeing the pre-press department systems and procedures as per company standards.
- Reassessing of art work before it is saved for output by linking all images and ensuring the right colors have been used.
- Sending artworks for film making and following up on the respective films.
- Verify finished films with artwork and submit films for plate-making.
- Oversee proofing and plate making.
- Maintaining and ensuring all company files and information are correctly labeled and saved in their respective folders.
- Manage the film, plate and die library by ensuring all films, plates and dies are correctly labeled and stored
- Perform other duties as assigned
· Good organization skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Basic IT skills.
· Excellent eye of design elements- color, composition, interface design and typography.
· Ability to learn design concepts.
· Degree/ Diploma holder
· At least 5 years and over of working experience.
RELATIONSHIP: INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
· • All Departments
· • Languages: English