Excel academy, both a day and boarding school, was established in year 2005, has grown over the years to have over 600 students with a complement of over 30 educators and other support staff.
We offer Primary School education to the community in Dagoretti location of Nairobi County Nairobi County and the wider Nairobi County. The school also provides computer lessons, music and French classes for all learners. As a center of excellence, we give our children a holistic learning experience to face all aspects of life with confidence. We promote good moral standards by instilling Christian values and quality education that is provided by well trained, devoted and profession teachers.
Our classes are from Play Group, PP1, 2, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Standard 6, Standard 7 and Standard 8. We are looking for teachers with TSC numbers and have had at least 1 year of teaching experience post TSC certification.
Brief summary of what the role entails
As a classroom teacher, your major responsibility is to teach and ensure a motivated and disciplined to learn environment. Each classroom teacher is responsible for teaching 3 or 4 subjects.
Classroom teachers can qualify to be appointed to be class teachers with added responsibilities.
Day to day duties and responsibilities for the role
• As the classroom teacher you are expected to execute what you have already been trained in and would include teaching preparation, teaching, record keeping, progress record keeping, and supervision of work given to children.
• A classroom teacher can also qualify to be a class teacher. As a class teacher, they will additionally be responsible for class discipline, keeping class records, preparing class timetable, supervision, and co-ordinate with other administrators.
Minimum acceptable qualifications to be considered for the role
• Primary Teacher Certificate (P1), Diploma in Education or Bed in Primary option.
• For preschool Early Childhood Development Education certificate.
• They must be a Teacher Service Commission registered teacher.
• They must be a Kenyan Citizen.
Minimum of 1 years of teaching experience after TSC certification.
Qualified teachers will receive accommodation with meals provided for them daily.