DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE, ADMINISTRATION AND COORDINATION OF COUNTY AFFAIRS
2. Principal Office Administrator - Job Group N (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinating the management and supervision of the general administrative functions.
• Developing policies and plans
• Facilitating and coordinating citizen participation in the development of policies and plans and delivery of services
• Coordinating the cabinet secretariat logistical and operational issues
• Coordinating schedules of meetings in the office of the County Secretary.
• Establishing and monitoring procedure record keeping of correspondences and file movement
• Overseeing and updating the County Secretary on the county development
• Preparing guest list and seating arrangements
• Facilitating linkages with other institutions and organizations
• Ensuring compliance with legal, statutory regulatory requirements
• Ensuring sufficient and effective communication with stakeholders and visitors.
• Ensuring proper etiquette for official engagements; and any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences in the following fields: Public Administration, Business Administration/Management and Community Development or Public Relations, International Relations, Diplomacy and Marketing from a recognized university or its equivalent.
• Have served as a Chief Office Administrator for a period of three (3) years or in a relevant position in the public service for a term not less than seven (7) years.
• Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles of public service as outlined in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
• Have proficiency in computer applications.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300