ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
What will you be doing:
- Develop, review, document and perform validation of SAS programs and macros.
- Support the development of data repositories, pooling multiple studies
- Create standard reports in different output formats
- Automate programming tasks within the SAS environment
- Generate programmed QC checks
- Build utilities in support of other programming tasks
- Design new tools or review existing tools and improve where needed.
- Develop, validate and document programs for ad-hoc analyses.
- Assess the time needed to develop programs and can at least partially self-manage the work.
- Take responsibility to deliver a support in time in function of stakeholders needs.
A strong communicator with a proactive nature and a willingness to work as part of a team! Here at ICON we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience desired.
- Excellent knowledge of SAS is a must.
- Knowledge of other programming languages like R, Java is a plus.
- Passionate about programming. Always looking for better solutions, but has a critical view for not overengineering software.
- Is able to demonstrate leadership in development of general purpose tools.
- Is creative, brings ideas to the table and can perform well when given creative freedom.
- Display good communication skills, is able to explain ideas and can also listen well to ideas from others, can be self-critical.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with CDISC standards is desired.
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP and other applicable legislation, with good understanding of clinical data and pharmaceutical development.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Science, Statistics, Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all of the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless – there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured