REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF BOMET
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES
A. The Office of The Governor through the County Public Service Board wishes to fill the vacancy of the County Attorney.
B. The County Government of Bomet through the Public Service Board wishes to fill the positions of Chief Officer – Youth and Sports and Municipal Manager, Director Revenue, Principal Valuer and Senior Support Staff.
DEPARTMENT OF LANDS, HOUSING AND URBAN PLANNING
5. POSITION: Principal Valuer - J/G CPSB ‘06’ (1 )
Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary: As per the SRC guidelines.
Reporting to the Director Survey and Land Administration, the Principal Valuer will provide leadership in the County property management; Undertake valuation of County properties and provide for taxation of land; be responsible for acquisition of land for the County.
• Implement Constitutional and Statutory provisions on land administration;
• Coordinate valuation for stamp-duty payable on land transactions;
• Coordinate review of rents for lease extensions and change in user of land;
• Develop and maintain a databank of property values;
• Coordinate implementation of valuation rolls for ratable property and providing advice on assessment for payment;
• Handle and provide feedback to the public on land valuation and taxation matters;
• Coordinate with National Land Commission on valuations for compulsory acquisition and easements for the County;
• Attend court proceedings as an expert witness in matters of valuation and compulsory acquisition;
• Perform any other duty assigned by the director of land administration.
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• A Bachelor`s degree in any of the following disciplines: Valuation, Property Management, Land Administration, Land Economics or equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Be a full member of the Institute of Surveyors-Land Valuation and Estate Management Chapter of Kenya in good standing
• Knowledge and Understanding of Relevant Legislation
• Have skills in computer literacy with proficiency in supportive application including Microsoft.
• Demonstrate problem solving skills, team player and with exemplary leadership qualities
• Served as a valuer for at least 6 years, three of which must have served in a supervisory position.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Geographic Information System will be an added advantage
• Meet the requirements of chapter 6 of the constitution
1. Job descriptions and specifications can be found on the County Government website www.bomet.go.ke or Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net
2. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 23rd April, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net Or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke Manual applications will not be accepted.
3. Documents for purposes of complying with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, will be required from those who will be shortlisted.
4. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
• Salary and benefits: As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
‘The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’.
Public Service Board
P.O. Box 605-20400