The main task of Privacy Counsel is to perform a critical first-line support function from within the Privacy Team. Part of a fast-expanding international team, in this HQ function Privacy Counsel will be expected to provide best-in-class legal advice and counsel support on privacy matters across the Bolt Group companies and verticals. In particular, this Privacy Counsel will provide support to our African markets.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:6 years
Your daily adventures will include:
• Acting as a trusted adviser to the Privacy and Data Protection Team, the Legal Department, and the wider business, providing timely and practical responses to some of the most complex first-line requests for legal counsel and support
• Working closely with the Head of Privacy Legal, developing and leading on a number of data protection initiatives in creative, business-centric ways and building processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly
• Engaging with the DPO, acknowledging official guidance and statutory codes among other authoritative sources, and operating within the internal engagement Playbooks here at Bolt
• Taking a lead oversight counsel position to those markets deemed the highest risk, providing strategic legal support to help advance compliance efforts, supporting local counsel and others
• Ensuring the business adapts to changing interpretations and compliance obligations of privacy and data protection laws in key markets, including those identified as high risk, working with the DPO’s Monitoring Officer and others
• Drafting and negotiating various data protection contracts and agreements, including those most complex data-sharing arrangements with important third parties including commercial partners and public authority partnerships
• Advising on data transfers and other international obligations, undertaking the drafting and negotiation, where appropriate, for data processing agreements and model clauses
• Keeping abreast of the very latest developments in data protection law with a view to practical implementation
• Helping to drive and promote the Privacy and Data Protection Team, including the DPO function space, as a centre for excellence
• Helping to drive privacy and data protection as a comparative commercial advantage for Bolt
• Assisting in all other necessary tasks that are typically associated with a legal counsel position as and when those requirements arise from the business
We are looking for:
• You have completed a legal qualification at a reputable university/law school and are authorised to practice law
• You have 3-6 years of experience specialising in privacy law providing pragmatic legal support preferably with experience operating in a technology organisation
• You have experience working in an international organisation
• You are independent, proactive, collaborative, innovative and enjoy working with multiple stakeholders across varied jurisdictions
• You are organised, can prioritise your workload and deliver your work on time
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Why you’ll love it here:
• Play a direct role in shaping the future of mobility.
• Impact millions of customers and partners in 500+ cities across 45 countries.
• Make your mark at one of the fastest-growing organisations in Europe.
• Work in fast-moving autonomous teams with some of the smartest people in the world.
• Accelerate your professional growth and enjoy unique career opportunities.
• Get a rewarding salary and stock option package that lets you focus on doing your best work.
• Enjoy health care coverage, and plenty of other perks.
*Some perks may differ depending on your location.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured