The Procurement Associate works with and supports the Supply Chain Manager to facilitate then acquisition and supply of goods, services and works, at optimum cost effective levels in abthoroughly documented, compliant, expeditious and effective manner.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Jacaranda Health, a non-profit organization has been in operation since 2016 and works in collaboration with The Ministry of Health to help improve quality of care in public hospitals and reduce maternal and newborn deaths in Kenya. We do this by developing innovations that are high-impact, accessible, financially sustainable, and can be implemented at national scale. Our goal is to have these solutions adopted as the national standard of care as we move towards achieving universal health coverage (UHC). In Kenya, we work with 20 counties, with solutions deployed across 800+ hospitals and health centers. We are committed to addressing systemic inequities in health care by centering our work within the public health system, and driving measurable and sustained impact on the way care is accessed and delivered for those who need it most.
1. JOB INFORMATION
Job Title Procurement Associate
Job Grade Grade 6
Department Finance & Operations
Reports Directly To Senior Procurement Coordinator
Works Directly With
● Programs Team
● Operations Team
● Finance Team
The Procurement Associate works with and supports the Supply Chain Manager to facilitate then acquisition and supply of goods, services and works, at optimum cost effective levels in a thoroughly documented, compliant, expeditious and effective manner. The Procurement Associate is expected to support the execution of operational functions of Jacaranda’s Programs, in close collaboration with the various program departments, finance and the operations teams.
3. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
● Supports the development and tracking of programs procurement plans.
● Liaise with the Senior Operations and Procurement Coordinators in the sourcing process for goods, works and services and ensure that only prequalified suppliers are the primary source of quotes.
● Prepare for review and approval delegated supplier evaluations/bids analysis, requests for awards, purchase orders, procurement records while ensuring strict adherence to applicable policies, procedures, accuracy and completeness of supporting documents from vendors.
● Ensure that Jacaranda Health is committed procedurally - purchase orders must be issued before the services/goods are delivered and that tracking of LPOs is done monthly.
● Actively follow up with suppliers and delivery courier companies on status of supplies for Jacaranda Health field offices and projects ensuring that users receive required supplies and equipment accurately, in full, on time, within budget and required quality.
● Ensure that Jacaranda Health is continually invoiced for all the procedural commitments that have been made. Variations must be resolved with the suppliers’ way before the submission of invoices to the Finance Department.
● Coordinate with the finance teams on funds requests for supplier payment or deposits required by ensuring funds requests are processed in a timely manner so as to ensure that goods, works or services are provided by vendors in a timely manner.
● Generate and disseminate complete, accurate and relevant monthly procurement reports on user friendly, standardized templates to support project operations decision making.
● Ensure that all procurement documents are filed, secured and stored whether electronic or hard copies and prepare monthly procurement status reports in the prescribed template.
● Identify and report potential risks that are related to procurement and recommend mitigating solutions to the Senior Procurement Coordinator.
● Coordinate communication with the program teams and dissemination of information relating to orders, supplies requested and their supply status in consultation with the Senior Procurement Coordinator.
● Provide support and training to the wider Jacaranda team in staff meetings, on policies of the operations department as well as in staff onboarding sessions.
● Support in maintenance of Nairobi office facilities including utilities, internet, new hire set up, office supplies and equipment, housekeeping/pest control, improvements, repairs and renovations by suppliers/ vendors.
● Work closely with the Senior Operations Coordinator and the drivers to oversee and schedule fleet maintenance and repairs including:
o Researching parts availability and costing.
o Opening of work orders with selected garages.
o Review and concurrence of the issuance of purchase orders.
4. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
● Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in a manner as to bring credit to Jacaranda and not jeopardize its mission and relationship with stakeholders.
● Weekly accommodations and logistics tracker/plan shared to program teams and Supply Chain Manager by end of day every Friday.
● Ensure that 100% of all travel requests by staff have been placed on the online Kobo Toolbox and have been approved by their supervisors before processing any requests.
● Ensure 100% verification of materials and supplies received from suppliers through 3-way matching and provide the signed documents within one day of receipt.
● Prepare and maintain 100% accurate monthly inventory reports and submit them to the Supply Chain and Training Manager.
● Ensure that processes initiated are followed up, incidences are reported, any delays are communicated to appropriate teams and processes completed within appropriate timelines.
● Conduct at least 1 refresher training per quarter to program teams and staff on emerging issues, new tools, processes and procedures relating to operations work.
● Not more than 24 hours Lead Time on payment requests and airtime, data disbursements.
● Ensure that there are no inventory losses at any point in time and any incidences reported as soon as discovered.
● Perform other related duties as assigned.
5. QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
● Professional Diploma holders with the requisite experience. Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing/Supplies is an advantage.
● Professional course in purchasing and supplies management, CIPS 4 and above or similar professional qualification, is an added advantage.
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
● Minimum of three years working experience in a similar role.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Proficiency in the use of MS office applications.
● Must be a strong team player.
● Person of high integrity.
7. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
● Program Teams
● Finance & Operations Team
● Other departments within Jacaranda
● Service providers and vendors
● Understanding of e-business / e-procurement systems
● Troubleshooting, problem solving
● Business ethics
● Customer service skills
● Organizational & planning skills
● Effective communication skills
● Result oriented
● Teamwork and good interpersonal skills
● Ability to take initiative and problem-solving skills
● Attention to detail
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured