Kenya Builders & Concrete Co. Ltd (KBCLL)has grown and developed into a major diversified industrial group with operations spanning in various business sectors. KBCLL markets a wide range of aggregates and concrete products and provides a total solution to the customers’ needs.
The Procurement Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the procurement function of the organization through record keeping, conducting supplier research and drafting documents.
1. Prepare and submit LPOs that indicate the products name, quantities and agreed on prices;
2. Research, evaluate and settle on vendors that offer suitable prices and quality products;
3. Negotiate suitable prices and payment terms with identified vendors;
4. Participate in drafting of supplier contracts through availing required details;
5. Adhere to the company’s guidelines and regulations during evaluation of vendors;
6. Maintain and update digital and physical procurement records for easy referral and access;
7. Follow up with suppliers for timely deliveries;
8. Coordinate with department heads and stores department in assessing requisition needs and accompanying documents before processing orders;
9. Monitor stock movements against demands to save on company resources;
10. Prepare procurement reports as advised by management.
• Degree or Diploma in Business Management or any relevant field from a recognized institution
• At least (1) year relevant work experience in procurement;
• Great knowledge and understanding of procurement process and regulations;
• Results-orientated, deadline-driven and keen on details;
• Good task management, planning and organizational skills;
• Must have high standards of integrity, ethics and confidentiality.