- Manage the procurement process to achieve 100% procurement plan.
- Prepare local purchase orders, quotations, and tenders for the Company.
- Assist in managing Company inventory.
- Receive and verify deliveries of materials/goods.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all Company suppliers.
- Undertake market survey of relevant products.
- Conduct stock take on regular basis and reconciliation of physical stocks and records with the help of finance department.
- Ensure that purchases arrive on schedule and meet specifications.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual procurement reports.
- Perform all necessary import functions to ensure the continued Customs entry, clearance and delivery of import shipments
- Control and manage airfreight process and expenses
- Assisting & tracking import operations and handling the communication with all the parties involved in supply chain
- Review and verify entry documents to prepare worksheet for customs entry
- Obtaining and forwarding necessary paperwork to Customs Broker for clearance.
- Ensuring Accounts Payable receives copy of paperwork to schedule payment to vendors as per CanaanSouth’s payment terms.
- Working with carriers, truckers, airlines, and/or warehouses directly to ensure freight release and delivery is done on time and in full.
- Perform audit on all shipment related information, including ensuring that systems are properly updated, necessary paperwork is filed, any damages are reported and insurance claims are filed on time.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
Key Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Procurement/Supply Chain Management or its equivalent.
- KISM/ CIPS membership will 1be an added advantage.
- Certificate of good conduct from DCI.
- At least three (3) year experience in similar assignments.
- Proven ability to coordinate with other departments within a Company.
- Good knowledge of supplier and third-party management.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers.
- Analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of public sector procurement rules and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Strong negotiation, organizational and communication skills.