Job Title: Procurement Manager
Reports: Chief Financial Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities: -
1. Overall responsibility for the operations of the Supplies and Procurement.
2. Planning and coordinating of the supplies management function.
3. Maintain all the supplier files with all the relevant official supplier documentation requirements.
4. Managing the tendering process and contracts.
5. Train and guide user departments on effective and efficient procurement procedures.
6. Ensure timely and efficient availability of supplies by enabling contractual relationship with external suppliers while minimizing undue exposure to litigation.
7. Enforcement of institution's Supplies Regulations, Systems and Procedures and updating management in changes as and when they occur.
8. Advice administration on various Procurement Regulations, Rules and Guidelines.
9. Review systems, processes, policies and procedures as and when required.
10. Attend to all memos marked to the Department for further action.
11. A key stakeholder involved during internal and external audits.
12. Staff supervision and performance management ensuring they meet required standards.
13. Participate in periodic purchasing and supply committee meetings
• Be a holder of a Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management; A Master’s Degree in any of the following discipline: Supply Chain Management, Commerce (Supply Chain Management option), Procurement or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Must be a member of KISM or its equivalent with valid Practicing License
• Have a minimum of seven (7) years' experience with at least Three (3) years in Managerial Position
• Be conversant with the relevant prevailing legal requirements.
• Knowledge and hands on experience of MS Office, ERP or any other procurement software applications.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational skills, time management skills, an active listener and a critical thinker.
• Ability to monitor/assess performance of oneself, other individuals or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action, and make good judgments and decisions.
• An active learner and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing as appropriate.
How to Apply
• Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications on or before 26th October, 2020 at 5.00 pm.
• Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
• Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.