This position has the responsibility for the procurement of goods and services following Company policies, procedures. Duties include planning, scheduling, initiating, monitoring and quality assurance of all procurement and contract activities. Work requires independent and professional judgment and is performed under the general direction of the Managing Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned).
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the procurement process.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and managerial competencies, including integrity, accountability, communication skills and commitment to teamwork and excellence in managing time efficiently.
• Manages and reviews documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and services for the Company and ensures compliance the Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual
• Establishes bid standards and prepares procurement documents to publicly solicit bids and contracts for the purchase and /or lease of materials and services.
• Identifies suppliers that satisfy the Company’s contracting and purchasing requirements. Maintains positive vendor relations.
• Manages the preparation of solicitation documents and offers.
• Conducts (or manages the process for) the evaluations of proposals, offers and bids in accordance with internal policy while selecting the best supplier in accordance with solicitation requirements.
•Ensures suppliers deliver materials and services in accordance with standards of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon.
• Assures all invoices are audited for compliance with contract terms and supervises contract closeout.
• Responsible for ensuring records are maintained and procurements are documented from origination through completion.
• Maintains complete record of authority contracts for goods and services.
• Writes and reviews action items going before the Board of Directors on solicitations, contract awards and modifications.
• Makes recommendations on policies and procedures as needed to ensure the success and compliance of all procurement related activities.
• Coordinates routinely with other departments to ensure effective and timely coordination and team work in procuring goods and services. Provides procurement research, guidance and direction by presenting available procurement options.
• Incorporates best practices and market research into procurement practices to ensure Company obtains the best possible price.
• Exhibits a strong sense of urgency to maintain high personal performance while making decisions and allocating resources in a cost-efficient manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Basic computer skills and word processing.
• Good mathematical background.
• Experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems.
• Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
• Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers.
• Excellent grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills.
• Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and energetically approach tasks assigned.
• Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
• Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
• Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment. Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The preferred candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in public administration, business, accounting, contract management or a closely related field and have three to five years of experience in procurement management in a multinational Organisation.
Transit procurement experience essential, Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Purchasing Manage (CPM) is strongly desired.
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of procurement, invoice processing and payment functions in an electronic environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, email and/or database software preferred. Microsoft Office skills are required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Essential but not a must
• Strong written and oral communication skills for customer interaction and report writing.
• Knowledge of energy efficiency, performance contracting, commissioning, BIM or green building is a strong plus
• Proven track record on completing projects